The Principal reports directly to the President
As the chief academic officer of the school, the Principal receives delegation from the President for the operation of the school’s academic, spiritual and extra-curricular activities. The Principal coordinates all hiring for these areas, submits a school budget, supervises and evaluates personnel, and creates the Master Schedule and School Calendar.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Directs the academic program of the school with primary responsibility for the teachers, curriculum, accreditation, students and their families.
• Provides ongoing status reports to the Trustees as to the day-to-day functioning and needs of the academic program. This includes the test scores of current students, the placement of graduates and ongoing staffing needs.
• Supervises and/or delegates to faculty and staff the implementation of Nativity School’s various program components. This includes the scheduling of classes, extra-curricular activities, afternoon study hours, weekend activities and summer programs.
• Provides support for summer school and the admissions process.
• Coordinates with the President, the ongoing evaluation of staff and programs.
• Helps in the formation of the faculty and staff in the Ignatian and Jesuit charism of Nativity School.
• Oversees the admissions process, coordinating with President. This includes recruitment, admissions programming, interviewing and determining which students are admitted.
• Along with the director of graduate support, builds relationships on with local secondary schools and is responsible for the writing of student recommendations for high school placement.
• Assumes primary role as liaison with parents, families and guardians.
• Assumes primary responsibility for academic records and transcripts of current students and alumni.
• Responsible for the supervision and the discipline of students with regard to academic and behavioral performance. Supports and implements decisions made by the President.
• Be a practicing Catholic with knowledge of the Jesuit educational tradition.
• Be able to motivate and work with middle school students from diverse cultural, racial and economic backgrounds.
• Possess physical and emotional stamina is necessary for the position.
• Possess educational experience in either teaching or administration.
• Possess or be willing to work towards an administrative certification and graduate degree.
• Work closely with the President, Trustees, and others to garner community resources to allow Nativity School to maintain a solid program for middle school students.
Wages and Benefits
• Salary depends upon experience. St. Andrew Nativity School offers a generous benefit package.
• Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or
St. Andrew Nativity School
4925 NE 9 Avenue
Portland, OR 97211